- Review of Every Heart a Doorway - quick, GLBT fantasy -

10:00 AM



25526296
  


Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children

No Solicitations
No Visitors
No Quests

Children have always disappeared under the right conditions; slipping through the shadows under a bed or at the back of a wardrobe, tumbling down rabbit holes and into old wells, and emerging somewhere... else.

But magical lands have little need for used-up miracle children.

Nancy tumbled once, but now she’s back. The things she’s experienced... they change a person. The children under Miss West’s care understand all too well. And each of them is seeking a way back to their own fantasy world.

But Nancy’s arrival marks a change at the Home. There’s a darkness just around each corner, and when tragedy strikes, it’s up to Nancy and her new-found schoolmates to get to the heart of the matter.

No matter the cost.








Where do I even start with this book!? Man, First I LOVE the idea of this book. I personally always wondered about how characters could live after being entered into these crazy, magical worlds.

I would like to believe that every person who comes back from a different world is welcomed to a place like Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children but who really knows. This is a fast read, I blinked and it was over. It was another read that took less than two days to read and one that I wish was longer because I enjoy these characters and the twists.
With it being a short read, I was scared it was going to be rushed or that it was going to drop me but Seanan McGuire is a wonderful writer who can balance so much in such a short read. Every Heart a Doorway brought tears to my eyes at one point and many smiles.
I enjoy the mystery. The clues danced out between the pages made me guest back and forth on the outcome. But for me, I feel that the characters are what made this book amazing. The diversity feels real, no forces or pushed onto these characters.

Overall, if you are looking for a quick, GLBT fantasy read, look no more than Every Heart a Doorway because it's so worth the read. But be warned this is a story that you'll easily get lost in the boom be taken out right away. 





Me reading!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews